Sunday, November 27, 2011

Twelve Animals by Kentaro Nagai

eto_1.jpg
Rat
eto_4.jpg
Rabbit
eto_10.jpg
Rooster

These are part of the Twelve Animals series of illustrations Kentaro Nagai, a graphic artist. She used the world map to create the twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac. 
I found this on StumbleUpon and I really started to think of my half successful lithograph with the cow brains and mad cow disease. I feel like this would be a perfect medium to attempt this concept again with a better outcome. I'm liking the idea of using a pattern to define the positive and negative space, and it seems like a great concept for a series of work. 

:)

1 comment:

  1. I really wish my computer would let me see this pics. Will you show me in class on your computer? And let me know about that book eh?

    ReplyDelete