Friday, September 2, 2011

This sounds like a job for me.

I was trying to think of the different options I had when it came to Art and Anthropology--my two main interests for right now--and I stumbled upon "Artpology". I have never heard of this, and I can't say I'm even sure if this is the legitimate name, but it sounds so cool! It's the perfect mix between art and anthropology, which I'm fairly certain I'm majoring in. I can conclude that it's not a structured occupation because I can't find anything dealing with applications or salary. The document I came upon describes Artpologists as "artists and social scientists that combine art and anthropology to engage in the visual exploration of urban landscapes." Art is implemented through visual aspects of these cities, while anthropology is incorporated through fieldwork in studying the perspective of different people in changing places. 


Overall, sounds awesome. 

3 comments:

  1. another job that deals with both is conservation - fixing, maintaining artifacts and art, building exhibitions at museums based on historical facts (think natural science museum) and lastly forensic artist - constructing facial features on top of found skulls or sketch artistry. All related!

    ReplyDelete