Friday, October 21, 2011

Personal Research Article Brief.

http://www.NaturalNews.com/026719_drugs_drugs_illness.html

This is crazy! So, even though I have extensively researched insanity, I've never taken the time to research in detail treatments for the insane. Sudden Cardiac Death is horrifying to think about. Virtually, there are no symptoms, and you're pretty much sol when it comes to stopping it. Antipsychotics DOUBLE your chance of going into cardiac arrest. Doctors are prescribing these drugs to children as young as two years old for easily treatable ADHD or ADD, rather than schizophrenia, which is what the drugs are mainly intended for. This is hard for me to grasp. I'm just not comfortable being in an environment where prescriptions are handed out like free candy, when those same prescriptions can be so detrimental to your health. And, even more, handed out by doctors. (I see doctors as "Health Kings," sitting on a throne of bones or something.) It would just be so difficult to already be fighting mental illness, and then have to combat side effects of the drugs you're taking to fight. I'm pretty certain I'm going to do my next project on this, ideas are running through my head rapidly.

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to explore the image of Health Kings sitting of thrones of bones handing out prescriptions like candy... I really am in love with this image.

    ReplyDelete